Monday, May 25th is Memorial Day. I love this holiday for a number of reasons. In our small town, it is the first time you see the US Flag flying at pretty much everyone’s house. It’s such a great reminder of why and what we are celebrating. I also love the festive atmosphere around town, as if everyone is anticipating the beginning of the hot summer season ~ people open their windows, flowers get planted, you can smell outdoor grills, and the town buzzes and comes alive with those that are opening their cottages as well as familiar faces. It’s like we see each other for the first time all over again. It’s a fun, festive time AND a time to show off your toes that have been hidden for far too long! I love painting my nails in red, white & blue for the weekend and am hopeful you do too! Here are my toes from last year:
- “You silent tents of green, We deck with fragrant flowers; Yours has the suffering been, The memory shall be ours” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- I Keep On Thinking It’s Time To Fly
- On This Mother’s Day
- A Puppy and a Goldfish
- And Then I Smiled.
- Paint. By All Means, Paint.
- Falling. And is it so bad after all?
- Boat! Land! Perspective.
- Tomorrow is a Pretty Great Day
- Strong is the New Pretty